2001 Pontiac Montana Key FOB programming

How do I program a Key Fob for a 2001 Pontiac Montana ?

Thanks

Reply to
kissrawks

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >
The following was taken from the Service Information for a 01 Montana. I can not verify it will work:

Transmitter Programming

Important All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.

  1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
  2. Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block.
  3. Close all of the doors.
  4. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
  5. Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) will perform the following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in the vehicle: Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times. Chime 2, 3, or 4 times.
  6. Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 second. The BCM may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). If the BCM has stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body Control System in Body Control System.
  7. Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in order to confirm that the programming mode has been entered.
  8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for approximately 14 seconds.

Important After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to confirm that the programming has been completed for that transmitter. 9. Repeat the previous step in order to program each additional transmitter.

  1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder.
  2. Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block.
  3. Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to verify correct system operation.
Reply to
DonW

"DonW" wrote: > "kissrawks" wrote in message > news:1_504500 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > How do I program a Key Fob for a 2001 Pontiac Montana ? > >

> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report > abuse: > >
> > The following was taken from the Service Information for a 01 > Montana. I > can not verify it will work: > > Transmitter Programming > > Important > All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote > control door lock > transmitter (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming > sequence. If > the system is placed in program mode it will erase all > previously programmed > transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from > the first > transmitter. Up to four transmitters can be programmed. Do not > operate or > program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles > that are in the > keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of > the > transmitters to the incorrect vehicle. > > 1. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. > 2. Remove the BCM PRGRM fuse from the fuse block. > 3. Close all of the doors. > 4. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. > 5. Turn the ignition to ACC. The body control module (BCM) > will perform the > following in order to identify the type of BCM installed in > the vehicle: > Flash the seat belt indicator 2, 3, or 4 times. > Chime 2, 3, or 4 times. > 6. Turn the ignition to OFF, and then back to ACC within 1 > second. The BCM > may begin to chime and flash diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs). > If the BCM has > stored any DTCs, refer to Diagnostic System Check - Body > Control System in > Body Control System. > 7. Open and then close any vehicle door. The BCM will chime in > order to > confirm that the programming mode has been entered. > 8. Press and hold the transmitter LOCK and UNLOCK buttons > simultaneously for > approximately 14 seconds. > > Important > After approximately 3-5 seconds the BCM will chime once to > confirm that the > programming has been completed for that transmitter. > 9. Repeat the previous step in order to program each > additional > transmitter. > 10. Remove the ignition key from the ignition lock cylinder. > 11. Install the BCM PRGRM fuse into the fuse block. > 12. Operate the functions of each transmitter in order to > verify correct > system operation.

Thank you, this worked great without a problem!

Reply to
kissrawks