94 bonnivilleSSEi This car just up and dies for no reason.

Need help with this problem. this car just dies for no apparent reason. Speed or bumps in the roads make no diffence. The computer has been replaced, cam sensor and crank sensor. And yet no cure. My mechanic has had the car for several days and had no luck. The computer continiously spits out trouble codes with the engine on or off. All of these codes are false. Of course this happens at the worst times. Any feedback would be very helpfull.

Reply to
abotsa

Perhaps you should check the power feed and the ground for the computer. An unstable power feed can make the computer lose its mind. Those false codes you are getting are a telltale sign that power is being lost intermittently. Could be a loose/corroded connector at the computer or anywhere in between it and the fuse block. Same for the ground wire.

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Thankyou silversurfer. I will pass this info onto my mech. He has also suggested to replace the ICM to possibly stop the stalling and that the false codes are an unrelated problem which he would look into. Thank you again.

Reply to
abotsa

intermittently.

I havnt a clue, but what he says sure makes sense to me.

Reply to
Palidino