Accident question

For those of you that have been in an accident, I have a question. Last nite a young gal rear ended my wife in her car. Today, while talking to our insurance adjuster, I asked about rental car re-inbursement and getting something from the young gals insurance for the diminished value the car will have now at the time I want to sell it or trade it in. The adjuster told me that "I" would have to talk to the gals insurance about that. My main concern is getting something for the diminished value of our vechicle now. This an 07 with only 7500 miles on it. Is this a common thing that most companies will give something on? If they say no, what are my options other than hiring a lawyer, which I don't think would be worth it since there were no injuries. Thanks for your comments and experiences on this.

Reply to
Paul O.

I am probably naive, but I have never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a money making idea for attorneys though. An attorney always seems to cost right around $5000 USD.

Reply to
Paul

Reply to
Dipstick