In need of help (ACCIDENT)

Hi all,

My car is 2004 E500 4MATCH with AMG SPORT PACKAGE.

I had involved in an accident today. It was snowing and I was turning right on the snow at approx 30km/h (Down-hill). Suddently it begin to slide and lose control. At the end, it hit the car that parked on the side. The repair cost is estimated to be $10,000.

After the accident, I remembered few months ago, Mercedes-Benz changed my tires to "Michelin Sport A/S" and I went onto Michelin's website and did a search, and it says

"We're sorry. There are no tire matches for your vehicle."

I'm wondering, could this be the problem causing the car to slide so easily? When I was using my old tire (Original come with the car), I can drive on the snow without any problem!

Any suggestion? Should I claim Mercedes for it? Any comments would be nice!

P.S. The Michelin website is at

Thank you all in advanced!!

Reply to
Geoffry

Given that you have a have a Michelin all season tire that is in fact on your car, and apparently works fine except for skidding on snow, I don't think you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting the MB dealer to pay for this. There is a wide variation in performance ability of different tires, especially with regard to snow or wet surfaces. Years ago I had Michellin MXVs on my 300SD and the rear wheels would spin easily on acceleration on wet pavement, which shocked me. I went to Pirelli P4000's and they were significantly better. Now I have BF Goodrich Traction T/A and they are far superior in wet performance than either of the other two. I don't even notice them ever slipping now. BTW, this is just an example, as wet and snow performance are two diff things.

To get the dealer to pay for it, you;d have to take them and/or Michelin to court and prove it was their fault. It's unlikely you would win and the cost to try could equal or exceed the repair cost. Hopefully you have collision insurance.

Reply to
trader4

Thanks for the reply,

I think i'll take more time to think about it. You're right about the cost of sueing them may even exceed the repair cost!

Thank you for your comments!

Reply to
Geoffry

Probably by several times!