Brake Pads

Hi, I'm trying to determine the rate of wear on my breaks, I need some help. My used 02 Sunfire had new front brake pads put on in Aug, they now have 7 months, and about 12,000 km of use, mostly city driving. They have squeaked since about 1 month after getting the car. A break inspection says there are about 4 mm left on them. The copy of the installation invoice says that they are AC Delco Brakes, but a mechanic comment refers to them as Jobber brakes (no-name ?). Can someone tell me how thick brake pads should be when they are new (A good webpage reference for this would also be helpful) ? What percentage is considered to be left if they have 4mm on them? How much longer should I expect to get out of them? Should they be wearing out this fast?

Any help is appreciated. Mirx

Reply to
Mirx

What are original "genuine" GM Parts called then? The guys at the dealership told me that AC Delco were "genuine" GM Parts. If they are genuine, then I wouldn't get another set. I was also wondering if I'm getting ripped off with these low quality parts, should I get them replaced under the 1 year warranty?

Reply to
Mirx