911SC Fuel and Water problems

Hi, I have just had a very expensive Fuel Distributor replaced on my SC due to water in the fuel tank and damn me it's happened again. The fuel filler was blamed, but when I fill up I can hear a hiss on loosening the cap so I think it is air tight so.... a) Does anyone know any inherent water ingress places I should check b) Does anyone know of a cheap place to get yet another distributor? Prefereably UK, but I'm happy to ship in from the US if the price is right!

Thanks Murray

Reply to
Murray

You may have condensate water over the years, which ghas rusted the fuel tank. Last year I pullsed the tank from my '67 911S and had it cleaned and relined. I used to have a lot of fin, red mud (rust) clogging the filter every tankful.

All that is gone now. BTW, the finger strainers in the tank may also need repair or replacement, too, as the fine wire mesh WILL corrode over time.

Reply to
Orval Fairbairn