2005 Escape Fuel Filler Problems again

I recently posted here regarding fuel filler problems. Th pumps keeps clicking off. It apperas that the fuels is splashing back almost like there is a blockage. I brought it to my mechanic and he told me to bring it to the dealer. The dealer insists it is spiders building nests in the vent tube. My mechanic says that the vent is cear and that there are several solenoid valves that could be the problem. Some else in this group mentioned a Evaporator Canister that could be caked with mud and that there is a TSB on this. Can someone point me to this bulletin so I can actually read the thing? Or at least I can show it to the dealer. Thanks M

Google is your friend. I searched for "2005 Escape TSB", and found this:

Scroll down and click on the fuel system links to see a description for the TSB's and what number they are.

Unfortunately all I can see is the summary. I see other sites want to charge $10 to get all the info.

Reply to
I. Care

"m" wrote: (2005 Escape Fuel filler Problem)

The gas pumps keeps clicking off. The fuel splashes back almost like there is a blockage. The dealer says it is spider nests in the vent tube. My mechanic says the vent is clear and that one of several solenoid valves could be the problem. Some else mentioned a TSB on an Evaporator Canister that could be caked with mud. Can someone point me to this TSB so I can read it. _________________________________________________

There is a blockage. A restriction or a kink in the filler tube or a restriction or a kink in the vent tube. Inspect the tubes inside and outside with a strong flashlight. Stick a rod down the vent tube or blow it out with air.

Solenoid valves and evap canisters are somewhere else.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan