2005 Vue with CVT....grrrr....

OK, I've got one of these turkeys (2.2, AWD). Had the tranny replaced by GM about 15 months ago (not a freebie, cost me $1800), and now this one is going. It had a 1 year warranty, and GM is basically saying I'm SOL. Does anyone have a source for one of these that won't break the bank? a contact for GM that they've used in the past? Thanks

Reply to
Stewart

... heard the 6 cyl (Honda) had a recall - tranny re-program ... or worst case = tranny replacement. ... highway speed goofy glitches. Dunno.

2 people I know - really like their older Vue. I'd like them to sell me theirs ... :-) John T.
Reply to
hubops

...makes me glad I went the cheaper route on my Vue...I have an '06, but have the 4 cyl ecotech mated up to the apparently titanium - brick - super - alloy - Italian built 5 speed manual tranny. 130K miles and both are rock solid...Wish I could say the same for the rest of the car...all the little things that drive you batty...suspension noises, rattles, wipers (only drivers side works) rear wiper, electrical funky things...every time my radiator fan goes on the traction control light comes on and the the traction control system turns off (as confirmed this winter on slippery roads). But it gets great mileage and the meat-and-potatoes of the car (starts, runs, gets from point A to B, good mileage) is fine :)

Reply to
IYM

Check with an independent transmission shop (not one of the big chains). Ask your local EMS or city garage who does the service on their transmissions. Probably someone you never heard or thought of but does excellent work.

Reply to
Oppie