Brake Light Bulbs and Oxygen Sensor

Hi,

I have a 1996 Saturn SC2, 100K miles. I need to replace two of my bulbs in the spoiler brake light. When I purchase the bulbs, do they come in those plastic holders, or do the bulbs pop out of the holders, and the bulbs sold seperatly?

Also, how many oxygen sensors does my car have? I see the one in front, but if there is another one, I am not sure where it is located. Are the $20 universal types ok, or do I need to buy the $60 OEM type?

Thanks a lot!

Scott

-- C T \ B / \ \

Reply to
Scott

"Scott" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

bulbs come out of the holders.

you have 2 - 1 in the manifold, and 1 behind the cat. get the correct one - it will be worth it in the long run.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

The bulbs in my high brake light, type PC168 (lw300), are in a plastic base that is NOT removable. The lamp terminals are spot welded into the contacts of the plastic base. The type 168 lamps are readily available but not so for the PC168 (the PC prefix is the #168 lamp with the plastic base). I've had to do a bit of hunting and can usually find them from a big parts distributor. The lamps with plastic bases turn 45 degrees (lefty loosey, righty tighty) then can be pulled out. I should get a box of the lamps, they don't seem to last more than a year. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

"Oppie" typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

Hell, you may be right. I thought I pulled them out of there, but I may be mistaken - I replace more bulbs at work than on my own car, so I may be getting them mixed up.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller