2014 Subaru Forester priced from $21,995*

From AB

SUBARU ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR ALL-NEW 2014 FORESTER

- Pricing for the popular Subaru Forester starts at $21,995

- All-wheel drive Forester priced below competitive front-wheel drive vehicles

- 2014 Forester also available with new Subaru Eyesight and STARLINK technology

Cherry Hill, N.J., - Subaru of America, Inc. today announced pricing for the all-new 2014 Forester. The 2014 Forester 2.5i model will be available in base, Premium, Limited and top-line Touring versions. Pricing for the Forester begins at $21,995 for the base model 2.5i with a six-speed manual transmission. The turbocharged Forester 2.0XT will be offered in the Premium and Touring versions, with the Premium trim offered at $27,995. These prices all reflect MSRP before the $825 destination charge.

As with all previous Forester models, the 2014 version comes standard with Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, a distinction from competitive models that come with front-wheel drive as standard and offer all-wheel drive as an extra-cost option. The 2014 Forester will lead the segment in all-wheel drive fuel economy, with the 2.5i model achieving manufacturer's fuel economy estimates of 24 mpg city / 32 mpg highway / 27 mpg combined. Those figures also compare well with competitors that feature front-wheel drive.

The all-new 2014 Forester is available with Subaru Eyesight driver assistance system and all-new STARLINK cabin technology. High-line

2014 Forester models equipped with the CVT also feature new Hill Descent Control and a new X-Mode control feature, which provides extra control in certain driving conditions. Other new amenities and conveniences include rear vision camera, color multi-function display, power rear gate with automatic close and Keyless Access and Start. The available navigation system features smartphone integration with the driver-friendly Aha® audio application. The top-line Touring models come standard with a navigation system and 440-watt harman/kardon® audio system.

The new Subaru Forester will build on the sales success of the previous generation, which helped the Subaru brand to achieve four consecutive annual sales records. The 2014 Forester is expected to sell in even greater numbers than the outgoing model. View the attachments for this post at:

MummyChunk

How come Subaru announces the Forester months ahead of other models? Is it so they'll have one new model to show off at the winter auto shows?

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

Why do these fools always date cars for the NEXT year? If it's being released now, then it's the 2013 model, not 2014!

Magazines stupidly do the same. My computer magazine has a date on the front of say "January 2013", but was sold in shops near the beginning of December 2012, which means it was printed in November 2012, and written in early November / late October 2012 ... extremely misleading and already two months out of date by the time the shops get it (and that's the UK shops, since here in New Zealand it then takes another 2-3 months to arrive).

Grrrr!!! X-(

Reply to
Your Name

Says Spring 2013 in US:

I'd imagine the 2013 came out about the same time last year.

You'd probably get your best deal on the 2013 in Febrauary.

Reply to
Frank

consumer studies in the us of a probably showed that the majority of populace cares.

only few ferrari-like automakers get away without the model years these days

Reply to
AD

I think you missed the point. Not why do they have dates, but why are the dates one year later than the car is actually released ... my guess is that it's nothing more than a con-trick to fool customers (those who are incredibly stupid) that they're getting a newer car than it really is. :-\

Reply to
Your Name
[unneeded quotage deleted]

Given that it *is* the newest model, how do you think it could be perceived as "a newer car than it really is"?

Car manufacturers have been releasing the next year's models early as long as I can remember. It used to be that they wouldn't come out until around September. Now it seems to be a few months earlier. I asked a few days ago, but no one has replied, why Subaru brings out Foresters even earlier than other models. Was it originally a mid-year introduction and they've kept that schedule?

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

As I said, they'd have to be incredibly stupid customers ... but unfortuantely such idiotic zero sense ideas are how management morons tend to think. :-(

It wouldn't be a surprise is one manufacturer decided to do it one year simply to make their cars look newer, and then all the other manufacturers simply copied them, and no nobody has any clue why they stupidly do it. :-\

They aren't "next year's models". That's the point. They're this year's new models, so should be dated as 2013, not 2014.

Reply to
Your Name
[unneeded quotage deleted]

There's no "stupidity" involved in thinking that the 2014 Forester is the newest Forester model available. Anyone thinking that would be *correct*, not "stupid." You're making no logical sense.

Do *what* one year? Every manufacturer I know of releases their 2013 cars in 2012, their 2014s in 2013, etc. They aren't being stupid and they aren't pulling one over on consumers. Those ARE the latest models. They are different from the previous year's models. Can you truly not understand that? If not, then for the sake of your blood pressure, you might want to just swear off reading anything about cars from mid-year until January, when the model years match the calendar years.

That's your opinion. I agree that it's gotten a bit out of hand with

2014 models coming out in February of 2013, but that's just an extension of a longtime tradition that originally didn't happen until around September. If you buy a car company, you can change the numbering method. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else. In any event, they are in no way fooling anyone and I don't understand your desire to call other people "stupid" for realizing that, whatever the car is named, they are indeed getting the newest possible model. When a dealer still has Year XX cars on the lot but has started taking orders for Year XX+1 cars, buyers can choose which model to buy. They may choose to buy the current year's model because the prices on it are going down, or the next year's model because it has new features they want. That's not falling for a naming ploy, that's being a smart consumer.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

So if a manufacturer is planning on having a 5 year production run he should call them the 2018 model ??

Can you truly not

The sheeple are stupid for believing the BS they have been fed that they are walking out the door ahead of the Joneses because they have a 2014 car.

whatever the car is named, they are indeed

Reply to
bugalugs

, snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.>>

I bought a 2007 avalanche. It was made in spring 2006 . It's almost 7 years old.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

Hell, why not date them for how long they'll supposedly last ... I'm off to buy this year's latest Jaguar 2013 and Honda 2080. ;-)

It's plain idiotic senseless stupidity, but then "big business" is infested with senselessly stupid ideas from management ... and unforatunely most people are simply so stupid that they blindly sollow it hook line and sinker (not to mention boat, jetty, boat shed and hotel) as if it makes sense. :-\

Reply to
Your Name

, snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.> >>

Ah, there's another "good" reason for misnumbering them ... so people selling it off second-hand can pretend it's a year younger than it really is. :-\

Reply to
Your Name

I propose to rename fartster 2014 to fartster 2014.1 once they do a minor tweak to suspension call that fartster 2014.1.1 if a major bugfix goes in before 2015 refresh FHI can call it 2014.2

I remember the quiet change in WRX/impreza gearing a decade ago without a version update and I did not like that at all.

It;s all important in the prius era when computers on wheels are roaming the streets

I'm rolling behind prius 2007.3 fsck! it did not receive an all important .4 bugfix, so I'd better increase the distance to that thing pronto lest it catches a fire from electrics!

Reply to
AD