2014 Forester select switch Q

I have been over the owner's manual several times and can't find the answer. Next to speedometer there is a "select" switch and I can't figure out what it is selecting. It looks identical to the trip selector switch, next to the tach.

Thanks

Reply to
Joe J

Does your dash look like the below pic?

If so, the Select switch doesn't change what digital info is displayed on the LCD screen between the analog gauges? That's my guess. Then I looked at the manual and ...

The manual included with your car doesn't tell you what the trip, select, and other dash switches do? The online copy of the manual at

page 3-31, describes the selection knob. RTFM

Reply to
VanguardLH

Does your dash look like the below pic?

If so, the Select switch doesn't change what digital info is displayed on the LCD screen between the analog gauges? That's my guess. Then I looked at the manual and ...

The manual included with your car doesn't tell you what the trip, select, and other dash switches do? The online copy of the manual at

page 3-31, describes the selection knob. RTFM In my defense, the manual only addresses the A & B trip settings, not the select button. Here is why I couldn't see any change. Because the car only has 200 miles on it, both trip A & B were reading the same mileage and I didn't notice the small change from the letters A to B.

Reply to
Joe J

You didn't get a hardcopy of the owner's manual that has the same info as the one that I found online? Maybe it's an old version they took out of stock that doesn't really match your car. Tis bad enough when they choose to include several models within the same book but worse when they omit describing features that exist in your car that the book is supposed to cover.

That's the only change when you use the Select knob? I would've thought you would get an entirely different display. Does it merely change from English to metric measure? Are you only rotating the knob or pushing on it? The online manual's description says with each PUSH of the knob that it rotates between the following various displays:

Driving range on remaining fuel

Reply to
VanguardLH

As far as I know, the mobile version of Google Groups does not allow quoting when making posts. People posting from mobile devices don't have much choices as far as NNTP apps goes so I guess we should expect to see no quotes more often.

Reply to
dsi1

One of the many reasons why I filter out (hide) posts from Google Groupers. But that's irrelevant to the OP who is posting through the free Eternal-September NNTP service provider.

Using a poor or deficient client is not an excuse for not quoting properly. If the client does do it then YOU are expected to do it (manually edit your reply post BEFORE submitting it); else, don't quote at all if YOU are unwilling and too lazy to do it right.

Reply to
VanguardLH

VanguardLH, do you own a 2014 or 2015 Forester? Do you have one with a colo r multi-function display, described starting on page 3-35? If so, you might have seen that with that configuration, the "information display selection knob" does nothing; its functionality is replaced by the "control switch" described on page 3-36. But I can't find anything in the owners manual that says that the display selection knob is non-functional if a color multi-fu nction display exists. Can you?

Reply to
erik.teose