EJ25 Subaru Knock Sensor

I have a bad knock sensor code and want to replace the knock sensor. The problem I have is trying to find this sensor. I've searched this group and other sources and have not found something that will help me locate this sensor. Can someone help me find it.

The car is a 1999 Outback with an EJ25 engine.

Thanks,

NAC

Reply to
NAC

Look for a black cylindrical thingie bolted to the engine block more or less centered, below and behind (damned near underneath) the intake manifold. Some have a wire with a plug, some have the plug right on the sensor. You'll probably have to move a fair bit of intake plumbing and assorted wiring to get to it, but once exposed, a 12mm (IIRC) socket on a medium extension will suffice to extract the beast.

ByeBye! S. Steve Jernigan KG0MB Laboratory Manager Microelectronics Research University of Colorado (719) 262-3101