Hwo many O2 sensors on forester?

Could anyone tell me how many O2 sensors are found in a 05 forester and if there are any pitfalls in replacing it/them yourself.

Keith

Reply to
Hobbs Family

"Hobbs Family" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

two sensors

Reply to
Wim

Does anyone have any information about whether Subaru ever corrected the O2 sensor problems and the bearing problems? I have an '01 Forester which has now had one transaxle job, three wheel bearing replacements, and 5 oxygen sensor replacements. in lurking on this and other newsgroups, longevity and quality do not seem to concern Subaru.

I switched to Subies in '01 after 25 years of driving nothing but stick shift Toyotas. How come a Toyota of any make will go 200-300,000 miles with routine maintenance and virtually no problems and Subaru, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi and most others won't?

I would stick with Subaru if they would figure out the meaning of the word "dependability" but until they do, it's back to Toys for me.

jj in texas

Reply to
jjohnson04