Good engine code scanner for the Subaru

I would appreciate any racommendation, thanks!

Reply to
mkinraj

Hi, I've been using Digimoto with my notebook. Works great.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Got a $100 one at WalMart on a whim and despite being a little slow to read vs professional stuff costing 6x more, it works perfectly well and includes both the code and the text explanation, as well as snapshot data and hte ability to clear codes.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Todd, do you have the model of the reader? Thanks!

Reply to
mkinraj

It's out in the car.

It was the more expensive of the 2 options that were on the shelf there. They only had 2.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

probably Accutron/Innova

there are so many, new and used. Theonly thing I've heard that might be a caveat - there are about 4 'OBDII' protocols! Ubes use the ISO one. . So, be sure any unit can read the ISO protocol. I suspect most do - but some older used units, or a cheapie might not.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Carl is correct. Innova 3100 is what I have and it works fine on my

2001 Outback. Also worked on a friends 2000-something Jeep Liberty. Only one that was a minor pain was a 1998 VW New Beetle. I had to manually select Volkswagen as the manufacturer, but after that it did its thing just fine. Might've been the age of the car though.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.