Legacy front differential fluid

2003 Legacy L SE Wagon, Auto

Does anyone know if the front differential fluid needs to be drained/refilled separated from the transmission? There's a dipstick to check the front differential fluid, but I need to reach into the deep bowels of the engine bay to get at it. Is there a separate drain plug? Thanks!

Also, how much ATF do I need to refill the transmission after draining? My manual lists close to 10 quarts, but I'm thinking that's from a dry fill, rather than drain and refill. Thanks, again.

Reply to
ricardox

Edward Hayes

Yes, there is a separate drain plug for the front differential (at least on my 2002 VDC). It's reached from beneath the vehicle. John

Reply to
John M.