differential fluid pump

I'm considering this pump for changing the differential fluid of my 97 Camry. Does anyone have any better ideas? Last time I changed the fluid it was a mess trying to get the fluid into the differential using gravity feed from above.

Reply to
badgolferman

I have no experience with that particular pump, but in general, a pump makes the job a lot neater and faster.

Reply to
Ray O

Tried it and thrown it away, it was still a mess. The cylinder end caps leaked. May be some big hose clamps there would have helped. There are many better solutions, both manual and electric pumps made for such purposes, My best one is a small impeller pump for electric drill, but I also have a steel piston handpump which is normal workshop equipment. Be aware that not all plastic or rubber can endure oil. With the right tubes, such a pump also can siphon engine oil through the dipstick hole, but then you will not get all the deposits out....

Asbjørn

Reply to
Asbjørn