Spark Plug Wires

I'm replacing the wires on my 92 Legacy and was online checking prices for various brands. I also have a 98 Impreza. Both cars are 2.2L non-turbo. Up to now both engines could pretty much take/ use the same parts. Plugs, hoses, belts, seals etc. When I found the wires for the Legacy and cross checked them with the Impreza I saw where the Impreza supposedly uses a different wire. Both are silicone but the Legacy wires were $15-20 less then those listed for my Impreza. This was on several different automotive websites. So, my question is, Does it make any difference? 4 wires are 4 wires. The coil pack is the same and I even took one off the Impreza and put it on the Legacy. It worked. So....Is there a difference and why should I buy the more expensive wire and yes, Legacy wire worked on the Impreza.

Reply to
mbjj

I recently put a set of Bosch wires in my '82. They seemed to be of high quality.

Reply to
Ed Fortmiller