87 Civic won't idle

I recently purchased 1987 Civic without fuel injection (carbureted). It has less then 100k miles on it and is in great condition. The other day I replaced the secondary fuel filter (the little one between the fuel pump and carb) as I have no idea if it has ever been replaced. Now the damn thing refuses to idle. When I let my foot off the gas it just dies. It's driving me nuts. I have checked to make sure that all the vacuum lines are properly attached as I had to remove the air cleaner to get to the filter. I just don't get it. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Much thanks.

--adam

Reply to
Adam

I suppose you could have gotten some dirt in the carb fuel bowl and the float might not be seating properly. Most likely you disturbed a vacuum line. One of the old lines might have cracked when you bent it. You could try plugging various lines at their vacuum source as a check.

Reply to
eddy eagle