Chevy Venture wiper linkage

My 2004 ventures drivers side wiper is wacked. there was a object in the cowl on the drivers side and it jammed. I got the object out. the passenger side is fine. I re-timed the drivers side by removing the wiper arm and re positioning it slightly. The drivers side wipes past the windshield, but it seems to park. What part of the wiper linkage should i be looking at?

bob

Reply to
bob

If I understand this correctly, the driver's side wiper is now covering a wider angle than it was before the incident?

Reply to
ryan42

yes. passenger side is fine. Some part of the linkage got bent on the drivers side. It will park fine, But it will wipe past the window when the wipers are running on the drivers side only

bob

Reply to
bob

Sounds like you're just going to have to get in there and investigate. If you managed to shorten the part of the linkage directly attached to the driver's side pivot, e.g. by putting a bend in it effectively shortening its length, that would pretty much explain what happened.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel