Jeep TJ Sticky Door Lock

The door lock on my '97 Jeep TJ is sticking locked. It seems that if I play with it for a while it will unlock. Does any one have any suggestions for a permanent fix?

Thanks

Reply to
skian_ian

That usually means the linkages have gotten gummed up with dust impregnated grease.

The only real fix is to open the door panel and clean everything and re-grease it fresh. WD40 is a decent solvent and cleaner to get rid of the old crap and that white lithium grease is good for replacement. They even have it in spray cans now for this.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

Thanks guys, I will pull the panel off and have a look.

Reply to
skian_ian