Driver's door key lock doesn't work - 97 Golf

The key lock on our 97 Golf (4 door, gas, automatic) quit working recently. Locks all work from the console button, or with the key in the passenger door lock.

The red security LED in the driver's door failed at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Reply to
Jack

a small part breaks. its very easy and cheap to fix. check local shops or just dissassemble de lock. no need to remove the inside trim, just remove the Torx screw that holds the handle and slide it out.

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Other than not working, are there more specific symptoms... such as the lock turns but does not open the door, the cylinder comes out, or it behaves as if you inserted the wrong key?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

Thanks for the reply, Tom.

The lock cyl> >

Reply to
Jack

It rotates to a stop, but not all around. I would go with Eduardo's suggestion. Take digital pictures as you go.

Reply to
Tom's VR6