1994 Corolla power door lock problem

I could use some help. I have a mechanical failure inside my door. It's possible the link from the lock cylinder to the power lock is broken and jammed. Drivers door is locked closed, key turns left to lock the door but will not turn right to unlock, inside and outside handles do nothing, inside lock button on top will not come up. The inside door trim panel looks like it would be extremely difficult to take off from the inside with the door closed. I can't see any place to start prying out the clips at the front or along the bottom. At the back center pillar end the clips are behind the body frame. See pic

I was thinking about taking up the outside belt molding. The manual says the six clips that hold it on are released from inside after the trim panel is taken off, I guess I will have to pry them out of the molding or break at least two of them to get it up. Then with power applied trying to go down with a wire hanger and activate the lock against what ever the jam is and get the lock in the open position and hopefully get the door open. I'm determined to fix this myself. Any advice on how to do that or any other way of getting the door open would be appreciated.

Thanks

PS I tried WD-40 then graphite then a spare key in the lock. No luck.

Reply to
Bill

since you cant move the knob or turn the key I doubt something fell-off. Sounds like the locking part of the latch is stuck.

with the window down, try BOTH turning the key AND pulling up on the knob WHILE you have someone smack repeatedly and forcibly on the door at the spot where the latch actually is (halfway down the door jamb)

Maybe it'll pop GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Geoff Welsh wrote in news:lgtgp9$bcc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Thanks for the sugestion. Tried it but no joy, next step is pulling up the outside molding and fiddling around with power applied. Maybe I can unjam it. Any advice on this would help.

Bill

Reply to
Bill