Re: "The Sun Never Sets on GM's Automotive Talent"

Steve Walker wrote in news:-f2dneUwY9xaC_TRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Scott Dorsey wrote: >> dr_jeff wrote: >>> Title was correct before. GM has a lot of automotive talent. Sadly, >>> it has been shown a lot lately in the US. But they do have it, >>> espeically in the market where they sell the most cars: China. >> >> GM gets great ideas, then they don't follow through with them. A >> good example was the Northstar System... great engine design, just >> had a few minor problems that had some pretty severe consequences. >> Did they ECO everything and make it right? They did not. They >> ignored them. >> >> I am still amazed at the Cadillac CTS.... it is the first really good >> car they've made in ages. It's a Cadillac but it actually drives and >> rides like a real car; you can tell there is road underneath you. >> It's smooth but it's not totally decoupled from the road. Folks who >> drive it like it. So what did GM do? Did they promote the design >> team and put them in charge of the rest of the GM line? They did >> not. They laid them off. >> >> Sheesh. GM. >> --scott >> > > A few other bad choices, in my eyes anyways. > > Pontiac Fiero V-6. Killed off. >

That one bugs me the most. A mid engined car that could have doubled their popularity with the sports car crowd.

Reply to
chuckcar

"could have"??? it "could have" if it actually ran you mean. but like all typical g.m. crap, it didn't.

Reply to
jim beam

"The Sun Never Sets on GM's Automotive Talent" Options

Just another way to say that they have outsourced the back office.

Reply to
zzyzzx