Info on old Sun analysers

As per subject, just acquired an old Sun analyser, going to collect it tomorrow night so don't have any model number as yet. I know it has a basic oscilliscope to monitor H.T., a strobe gun and a multi-function meter for rpm, dwell, volts etc. and a separate CO analyser in it's own case. What I'm after is does anyone know where on the 'net I can find out any info on these older models and hopefully any instruction manuals, etc. Many thanks, Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Let me know how you get on as I have just bought a Sun analyser too (MEA

1500), mine is a bit more advanced and has a four gas analyser and loads of things it checks, like cylinder balance, charging waveforms etc. Mine came with an instruction book, so I have some idea of what waveforms to look for.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Well, got it. Sun Motor-Tester 89, I suspect circa 1970!! Gas analyser is a separate unit, CO only which is fine for what I want. Got to do a lot of rewiring before I can even plug any of it in as mice have been at the mains leads!! Would love to find any info/handbooks on the above named model, ta. Badger.

Reply to
Badger