1989 Camry Fold down rear seat

I own a 1989 camry delux, and I can not figure out how to fold down the rear seat. Is this even possible?

I have the owners manual but it is for the all-trac version. The all-trac version says there is a handle in the back, but I see no handle in my car.

Any assistance appreciated. Thank-you.

Reply to
J. Max

I had an 89 LS (Canadian version of dx...) and the seats did not fold down. Only an LE models... You can take the whole back rest off though.

Reply to
DSPL

I have the 1991 DX and it has the fold down seats. They might be locked - you can unlock them (there are two separated partitions) only from inside of the trunk.

Reply to
bauz

If anyone is STILL reading this I have a 90 Camry DX and NO the rear bench seat does not fold down but there are two clips that release the bench seat entirely so let the back rest fold down flush. Hope this helps future 2nd Gen Camry owners such as myself.

Reply to
Fern