Re: 98 Avalon XLS with an air conditioning problem

I have a 98 Avalon XLS with an air conditioning problem. At first it blows cold

> but after running for a while, especially in temperatures in the 90's and > above, it simply stops blowing cold. The problem is intermittent and I recently > purchased the car used, so this is my first summer with the car. Any ideas out > there? > > Thanks in advance, > > Steven >

Steve, I sent you a TSB regarding this, hope it helps.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

my 2002 Camry LE V6 had a situation when the outside air became too humid and caused the AC system to freeze up and give little to no air out. I then parked the car and after 30 min found chunks of ice below the car and the sytem was working as good as new.

Reply to
XXXXX

Interesting. The expansion valve and the evaporator surface temperature sensor are supposed to prevent icing by throttling refridgerant flow and cycling the compressor OFF, respectively. Evaporator surface temperature is supposed to be no less than about 37 degrees.

Reply to
Philip®