99 Avalon XLS Cabin Air Filter Replacement ?

I am trying to find out if this car has a cabin air filter and how to replace it. The glove box does not look like there is an access door. There is no mention of it in the owners manual, but the dealers parts list shows it.

Reply to
edge

My 2009 Corolla owners manual tells how to do it. Have you checked your owners manual? It should ber behind the glove box. The owners book tells how to remove the glove box.

Marv>I am trying to find out if this car has a cabin air filter and how to

Reply to
MarvinShos via CarKB.com

I thought Avalons (enlarged Camrys) started cabin filters only after

2000.

Reply to
johngdole

I don't know what year they started putting cabin filters in Avalons, but it only takes a minute to check. Empty the glove box, squeeze the back corners of the glove box so that the box flips all the way forward past the stops and look to see if the cabin filter is back behind the glove box.

Reply to
Ray O

I think that a NG member "jor" had this issue come up on an Avalon. The pre 2000 models(I think) have a bit of dis assembly under the dash to remove the filter.

You can lower the glove box door as Ray suggested, and look either right behind it or to the left of it, but it is normally above the blower fan and motor. You are looking for an approximately 1" x 8" plastic cover, usually black in color, that is snapped into place on both ends. Remove the door and the filter is accessible.

Maybe you could "ping" jor as well. He even had pics if I remember correctly.

Reply to
user