Alternator Regulator

Is the external regulator for the Alternator different from the regulator for the Generator?

Reply to
2

Yes, *much* different.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I thought it should be! I just didn't see it differentiated on a supplier's site, and there's a guy here with an alternator with the 4-contact plug. Oh, I sent him to your site. Most excellent.

Reply to
2

yep...my 74 was like that.... i yanked that baby and converted to an internally regulated alt....made life much easier...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Yes, different beast, and not interchangeable.

Jan

Reply to
Jan