1993 960 headlight/seat heater question

Simple question for the group. On a 1993 960 wagon can you replace the bulb in a burned out headlight or does the complete headlight assembly have to be replaced like my old

740. Also, any suggestions on which brands of lights to look for/avoid? Second question, the heated seats are not working in my car. Strange thing is that neither of the switches light up when they are switched on. Anyone know where I should start in my troubleshooting? Thanks

Wildcat

Reply to
Wildcat

Just the bulb gets replaced separately, but do so in pairs. The Sylvania ultra bright are rally nice (silver star or something like that- I don't remember the exact name). Just avoid any that say "ultra blue" or similar names. The switches have a separate light bulb in them for illumination I think... At least the older switches did AFAIK.. which often is not much...

__ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvos '90 245 Estate - '93 965 Estate "Shelby" & "Kate"

Reply to
Randy G.

Open the hood, look at the back of the headlamp, twist the lock-ring and the connector/bulb will pull out... I just use Volvo OEM lamps... they aren't any more expensive then a good quality halogen from any other brand... And they last a long time (Silverstars don't last long, but they have better light output, I had some in my Golf for about a year, went thru 3 sets of them... luckily Canadian Tire took back the burnt out bulbs and gave me my money back each time).

Reply to
Rob Guenther