LCD Display Dead

I came out to start my car today and noticed that it wouldn't start. I've been having issues with a new battery which ill be returning. Being the car was dead I hooked up a battery charger that I have and set it to low and left it for about 5 min, came back and turn it onto a starter mode and started the car up. After I got onto the road I notice the LCD display was not functioning at all. I'm guessing I've blown it or fried it or something similar, any advice or suggestions on what may be wrong or how to fix it.

Reply to
zachery.woods

Since it occurred with a battery failure, I recommend seeing how it does after the battery is replaced (or temporarily disconnect the battery now). It is common for all sorts of car electronics to get a "dirty boot" if the voltage is raised from something very low to 12 volts gradually. A power-on reset usually fixes it right up.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee