pierburg 2e3 leak

hello!the area around part throttle enrichment valve (right side of carb in photo) is wet and i was getting half the milage i was normally used to.there was a strong smell of gas in engine bay. in my search for the leak i found that the carb earth strap (brown wire) was disconnected.i reattached this.so i guess the pierburg electrical autochoke should work now.

is a leak in this area most probable due to carb bush/gasket probs? could the non functioning autochoke flood?does carb flooding leak outside the carb?any additives i can use to find the leak? thanks

The carb looks rebuilt and it could need adjusting the floats and jets. However I doubt that this newsgroup would have any carb info for you and so I'm responding and adding the aircooled group where someone might know more about your carburator problem. Tech group added for free...

Reply to
Peter Parker