Help: Leak around the timing...

First off, my car is a 1997 v6 Mustang (5-speed) with 63,000 miles on it.

I've noticed the car has been leaking a little coolant; the car has never overheated with me. I usually have to add a little coolant every oil change (usually add less than half a ?jug?).

The other day while changing the oil I noticed that some antifreeze had leaked out, I started looking around and it appears that it is leaking from around the timing (chain/belt?) cover. I thought that it may be my water pump that was leaking, but it appears to be dry, and I do not have any signs (from information I found on the internet of a blown head gasket ? i.e. trouble starting, overheating, white exhaust smoke, etc?) Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was the cause and is it complicated/costly to fix?

Thanks for any information, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Claud Spinks