steering turn signal shaft cover 96 jetta

Where other then the VW dealer might I find the black plastic cover for the turn signal/ behind the steering wheel?

Reply to
Kafertoys

junk yard person selling parts ebay

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

BE WARNED. MARIO GAVAZZI, AKA "KAFERTOYS" OF "VINTAGE WERKS RESTORATION" IN BURLINGTON, NORTH CAROLINA IS A SCAM ARTIST, LIAR AND THIEF. PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:

?v=JeQ8UwWPP4Y

Reply to
Meyer

Regradless of the merits of the car in question, a restoration costs substantially more than this woman though it would. You can't get a decent restoration for $5K (or $10K) where you are paying a restorer to do the work!

There is no such thing as a free lunch...

Reply to
PeterD

The balance of the evidence suggests this Gavazzi character is well avoided as a restorer.

AC

Reply to
Aawara Chowdhury

go to shows win

the freaks that cyber stalk have never been to my shop, it would be a waste of time but you could check and see even the BBB has no bad marks ( or what ever) on my business

I work on hundreds of cars each year, so 1 confused customer out of that I'm sure is to be expected.

I apologize for bring the freacks in but some one tried stelling the car and broke the plastic cover so I'm tring to help the person replace it.

There are very few VW's in the salvage yards here, its got to say something about their quality.

I Am more then swamped with work and have never advertised so that should say alot about the quality of my work.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Well, let's say I'd not be bringing anything I had to him!

Reply to
PeterD

to shows win

You did an incredibly poor job of working with that news reporter... You also should consider having a professionally writtenup contract to enable you, your customer, and anyone else involved to understand exactly what was promised, and how much.

Reply to
PeterD

she was there for a story, at it was to make me look bad but as said

9k does not get you much for a restoration.

Hey Pete what the freaks don't care to find out is the woman was told what it was going to take and even offered a done rust free beetle very cheap . I have a ton of paperwork signed by her and such. There are enough of my other customers that will say I did nothing wrong and all the time and new parts were put in to the beetle that she loved and had to have fix.

as far as being band from other sites again thats wrong but so it doesn't get this going in them I care not explain.

If you look at the one VW parts 8 page web site on me (If thats not obsessed) you can see where my lawyer send all the legel documents to him first. He got a judgment in a court that had no jurisdiction see how whining gets alot of attention even if its all lies. oh and you never here a quality problem from him. Guess I never should have told him I would never buy parts from him or his business even to do his restoration.

The disgruntal employee wrecked a customers car and didn't think he should pay for it. not only would I not pay him but fired him and kicked him out of my house where I let him live for a few years.

Yes there is a very good explination for all and why I am one of the busiest shops.

(Think about it like this: should the owner of wally world go to jail for murder because of the guy that died in NYC, I hate wally world and never shop there because all is chinese junk responsable for more job loses here then they hire, but I'm not going to make death threats, and yes these freaks got the FBI and Secret Servise involved. more then enough drama and better then any soap.

Again I'm sorry its gotten even this crazy here but freaks are freaks ask him if he has ever meet me, been to my shop or seen any of the many award winning VW's I've restored.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Well, I can't offer advice, since I'm too far removed from the situation, but there were clearly misunderstanding between you and the customer. I picked up very quickly that the customer was expecting a full restoration for $5K which astounded me. But the evidence presented in the article (video) was such that it is impossible to figure out what went wrong.

Bottom line is that no one should embark on an restoration (either as a restorer or as the customer) without a clear, professionally written contract, specifiying exactly what is to be done, how much it would cost, and with verbage to cover circumstances that may arrise after the fact.

Good luck with your business, who knows, maybe in the end this may be a silver lineing in the cloud.

Reply to
PeterD

Its laughable that Mario would call this "one disgruntled customer and a few stalkers". Beause of his brazen dishonesty over the years in MULTIPLE instances he as been banned from every major VW forum that I know of. Everett B is a notoriously fair guy and he had absolutely no problem ejecting Mario from the Samba on the sheer bulk of the evidence.

One customer indeed ... Mario lies like a cheap rug. Feel free to go through this - its his feedback thread on The Samba:

So not just one customer. This is an established pattern, and he has judgements and unpaid collections against him in multiple states. The guy is an out-and-out thief.

Joan has provided us with the invoices, we have copies, and it reads like outright theft. We also have copies of the cancelled checks. The original invoice says 5K, and then Mario simply held on to the car and kept on asking for more and more money, and all the time the car was sitting out in the rain with barely any work done to it, and all of it bad. Joan got an unusable hulk back for her $9000, and Mario pocketed the checks. And he's done this before to other people.

Nope. Mario Gavazzi is a liar and a thief.

Reply to
Meyer

the white beetle is the one he is talking about and was more complete when it left.

If anyone is interested I will provide a picture where you can see thru the side thru a hole atlest 8"by12" so so much for bearly any work, also she received all the new parts needed to finish.

This is the last time I will post on this subject because I don't want to turn this into the soap that is shutting down the aircooled fourm.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Again, Mario Gavazzi is a liar and a thief. That $9000 resoration is now a rolling exhibit that gets taken to most of the VW shows in the area with the whole storty written up including invoices and receipts. It has to be trailered, because it wasn't safe to drive the way Mario bondoed and hacked it up. Lets take a little walk-through, shall we?

Video:

The work was carefully autopsied and documented.... do you see what I see? Rust, unbelievably hacked up welds and oh my stars the BONDO...

Photo page 1:

page 2:
page 3:
The photos speak for themselves. I can't believe the hacks and the rust on that poor car. And this is only ONE of Mario Gavazzi's victims. He took her for $9,000 in a classic bait-and-switch. We had been hearing about his scams for years before this happened, but this was the last straw.

Do businiess with this liar and thief at your own peril.

=A0

Reply to
Meyer