Windshield wiper springs fatigue?

Do windshield wiper springs tend to fatigue over time? Has anybody noticed improvement by replacing the springs?

Reply to
Tom's VR6

I haven't seen them fail/fatigue much but some cars are weaker than others. IIRC Corrado owners had this problem a lot.

Reply to
Matt B.

The springs on my 1970 Bug were still good 18 years after I bought it. I don't think it is a serious problem. What I do notice is that few people bother replacing the blades as often as they should. That is once or twice a year for me, your mileage may vary do to environmental conditions. Just because the blade is in one piece does not make it functional.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan