1991 S10 failed its NJ vehicle inspection

my 1991 S10 failed its NJ vehicle inspection HC fail reading 246 CO% fail reading 9.52 any help as how to get it to passed. There is one thing that just happen the gas gauge just went bad I ran out of gas after about 5 miles for the inspection station . it had to go bad a day or 2 ago it look like it had 1/2 tank but only a 1/4 gallon . can that have effected the test ??? I know but just have ask.

Reply to
Richard Brandstetter

It's running rich, possibly a broken fuel pressure regulator spring, leaking injectors, O2 sensor problem, MAP sensor problem.

Nope, no effect.

Reply to
aarcuda69062