1999 Z71 EXHAUST QUESTION

WILL SWITCHING TO DUAL EXHAUST ON A SIVLERADO 5.3 LITER CAUSE ME TO LOSE TOO MUCH TORQUE FOR TOWING A 24' CAMPER? SHOULD I STAY WITH THE SINGLE EXHAUST? IN EITHER CASE WHAT DIAMETER PIPE SHOULD I GO WITH? THANK YOU.

Reply to
hodgey12

Lose the caps dude.

Adair

Reply to
Adair Winter

Yo dude, the caps make people think your yelling.

As far as the exhaust I used Magnaflow's CAT back dual system. You can read about them here,

good exhaust system raises horsepower and torque on your truck. Mine runsgreat, it's a 1999 K1500 with a 5.7 liter. Sounds really good too. Brian

Reply to
el Diablo

Yep, or you can try flow master 70 series if your not looking for too loud of an exhaust. I also have a 1999 Silverado Z71 with a 5.7, but the older C/K series body style, but be prepared for fuel milage to go down, not from the muffler, but from the urge of wanting to get on the gas after you replace that stock exhaust.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

That's the same truck that I have, the old body style. So far it's been my favorite truck of the 5 I've owned.

A 1976 Ford F100 351W V8 2 wheel drive, a 1982 Ford F150 300 six cylinder 2 wheel drive, a 1985 Chevrolet S10 4 cylinder 2 wheel drive (hated it) and a

1986 Chevrolet Scottsdale 10 5.0 liter V8 series 2 wheel drive.

The Z71 has a lot more power than any of the other V8 trucks and rides, handles stops (yes it has rear drum brakes ;-)) much better.

Brian

Reply to
el Diablo