2 wheel drive button stays on

Hi Everyone, I bought my 1997 Gmc Jimmy a few weeks ago. I wasn't completly comfortable driving it at night until tonight : } So, i never noticed till tonight that the 2 wheel drive button stays lite up all the time. On the dashboard there are 3 buttons. One for 4 wheel drive Hi One for

4 wheel drive Lo and then the 2 wheel drive Hi . I notice it isn't real bright but the 2 wheel button stays on. What i'm wondering is that normal or something i should have checked out? Thanks, Kimberly
Reply to
parysintherayn

Normal.

Reply to
Steve W.

That is Normal you want to be in 2 Wheel Drive...My wife has a 1998 Chevy Blazer 4x4(yours and her's are the same Truck) and the 2 Wheel Drive Button stay's lite all the Time and when she use's the

4 Wheel Drive(4x4) the Button is lite up also...You use 4 Wheel Drive(4x4) OffRoading in Muddy type Condition's,also in the Winter Time you would use 4 Wheel Drive(4x4) When there is Snow and Ice Hope This Help's

Ironworker's Are Always =-HIGH-=

Reply to
Ironworker

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the help!!!!!! Kimberly

Reply to
parysintherayn

Don't have quite the same thing but probably you can switch from 2 hi to 4 hi or back with relative impunity but probably have to have the truck rolling very slowly with the transmission in neutral to switch into or out of

Reply to
Mike Powers

With the Electronic Shifting 4x4 That has the Dash Button's you can shift on the Fly or Stopped either way is ok

Ironworker's Are Always =-HIGH-=

: :

Reply to
Ironworker