2000 Blazer vacuum line schematic..??

Hi all,

Posted a few days back regarding help with no heat to the floor of my 2000 Blazer. So far no responses, so I was wondering if anyone has a schematic of the vacuum hose layout so I could begin tracing these lines to see if a hose is the problem.

Thanks Craig

Reply to
Craig Fisher

Is there any heat or is it restricted ? I would flush the heater core with a garden hose. You can do that with a Prestone kit (about $5.00) or take both heater hoses off at the firewall, buy a section of heater hose at the hardware store and get an adaptor to hook one end of the heater hose to a garden hose. Pull the car on the street, hook the garden hose to it and let it rip. That will clean it out and give you heat. As far as the floor heat...The door to the floor is not operated by vacuum, but by electric. You can see that if you open the glove compartment and then push down on the part that lets the glove box swing down beyond the stop. Start the car and change positions on the air control while looking at the doors. The one to the far right is only for full A/C. The one toward the middle, I believe, is the one that opens the door to the floor. If it isn't moving, perhaps a fuse blew, or the switch there needs to be replaced.

Reply to
mightyoaktrees

[...]

Got lotsa heat, just doesn't come out of the floor vent. Can only get air flow (hot or cold as I select) through the defrost and dash vents.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Fisher

Same problem for me also Craig. Last winter it would work one time and then act up. Didn't make any sense to me and the dealer wasn't much help, said bring it in and we'll look at it. Will try previous suggestions this weekend. Let us know if you have any luck. Thanks all for the help. Nightsider

Craig Fisher wrote:

Reply to
Seti24

Took a peek in the fuse box today and all fuses check out as good. Looked in behind the glove box as was suggested by mightyoaktrees. As far as I can tell, both the "doors" that I saw were vacuum operated. I saw the one to the right which is for max A/C, which looked as if it was working properly. The one toward the centre also moved as I changed the dial from dash vent to heat to defrost, however I never did get any airflow to the floor. That door is definitely vac controlled. I pulled the vac line just to be sure. Any other suggestions out there?

Craig

Reply to
Craig Fisher

Reply to
no one

I'll have a look at that (hopefully tomorrow). Thanks for the tip.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Fisher