2003 GMC 1.4 amp drain

My 2003 GMC Sierra SLE is a battery drain. Battery checks OK, but keeps discharging. I attached amp meter and began pulling fused looking for a reduction in the drain. Found that drain was reduced when IPC/DCI fuse or the radio fuse was pulled.

Just sitting, there is a 1.4 amp drain on the battery. Pulling the IPC/DCI fuse lowered drain to .9 amp then pulling the radio fuse lowered it to .2 amps.

Anyone have suggestions on what causing the drain?

Spud, in Idaho.

Reply to
Spud

====== ======

IPC subsystem data bus failure, accompanied by Cabin Intertainment Interface power data bus failure.

jest a guess though.........

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his mushroom tea....lights a firecracker......wonders if he oughta chunk it~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I had a similar problem and the mechanic traced the drain to a wire with worn insulation in the steering column. He repaired that and my dead batteries stopped completely.

Reply to
bmuse1

like i said.......Cabin Intertainment Interface data bus failure.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his crownroyal......wonders if he shudda used simpler words.... like........ck the radio wires for short to ground.......... naw.......i'm sure they understood~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster