305 wont start

i have 1984 c10 with 305, replaced timing chain new valve cover gaskets new timing cover now truck wont start, timing marks matched up distributor placed in with motor at tdc with dist pointing toward #1 cylinder, pulled plug have white spark when turning motor over the only other mod is a new edelbrock performer intake and carb thanks for any help mark miller

Reply to
Mark Miller

You have spark...I'd think it would at least cough even if it were badly out of time. Are you getting fuel? Turning it over with no start should flood it quickly.

Reply to
Advocate

Have someone shoot some WD40 down the distributor while your cranking it, if it starts, its gas related. If it doesn't, just for laughs, pull the distributor and rotate it 180degrees then give it another try.

Reply to
Shades

Down the distributor???

Reply to
aarcuda69062

ok i pulled the distributor and rotated it 180 and guess what happened? it fired on the first crank thanks to shade and all who responded i really appreciated the help

Reply to
Mark Miller

Glad I could help...I have done it a few times myself.

Reply to
Shades