350 that hesitates when its cold- anyone have any ideas

the electrical plug on the driver's side of the 700R4 is for the torque converter clutch solenoid activation, BTW.

Reply to
burntkat

He's got a TH400, so the electrical plug is for the detent/kickdown.

Doc

simple

Reply to
"Doc"

Right, but what I thoght he said is that the truck originally had a 700R4, correct?

distributor

Reply to
burntkat

Right.

transmissions

Reply to
"Doc"

"\"Doc\"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

The vacuum line is fine. I was told I would have to wire up a switch under the gas pedal in order to get the tranny to kickdown when needed. Any ideas as to what I wire this switch into? I also checked the compression its at

160 the timing is also dead on. GM told me to go with a 350 TB because the injectors are bigger so I'm getting one from a scrapyard today is there any numbers I can check to make sure it a 350 TB?

Kev

Reply to
kev

Save your $$$$, all you need is the injectors, not the whole damn TB.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"\"Doc\"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

I'll have to buy the injector's new and that's alot more than buying a uses TB. $30 isn't that bad. Kev

Reply to
kev

You didn't mention it was only $30 for the whole TB in your other post. For that price, go for it.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"\"Doc\"" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

So have you ever heard of wiring a switch under the gas pedal. See previous post.

Kev

Reply to
kev

The switch was actually above the gas pedal:

With a chain and a wheel for it to go through, to make it pull when you stepped on the pedal.

You can get the switch out of up to an 83 C-K 20or30 P/U with 2 or 4WD that had a TH400.

The ultimate switch setup came out of the 65 to 67 big bodies, like the Impalas, Catalina's, 88's and 98's. Those could be adapted to anything!

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

"Refinish King" wrote in news:AH1Hc.103$ snipped-for-privacy@fe39.usenetserver.com:

I need an electric switch, because there is no cable on the tranny to hook up too. At least as far as I can see. I think the electric switch is suppose to hook up to the connection on the drivers side.

Kev

Reply to
kev

King gave you the correct lowdown on the factory switch.

however........

Summit Racing sells the part you need, around $30-$40. Bolts to the TB. Easy to install. You should be able to find it at ANY reputable "speed shop". It's readily available for TH400 conversions.

or.......... you could make one for around a dollar, and a little frustration investment.

MarshMonster ~:~ ====== ====== On Jul 8, 2004, 1:13am (CDT+5) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (kev) was talking with the Doctor when he asked.........

So have you ever heard of wiring a switch under the gas pedal. See previous post.

Kev

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I know:

I worked on these from the 60's. I gave you an idea what to look for, or look in the B&M catalog.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

wouldn't do it.

I'd attach the switch to the throttle lever.

Reply to
burntkat

please ignore my last about this, then.

Learn something new every day....

Reply to
burntkat

"burntkat" wrote in news:yn4Hc.102094$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com:

Changing the 305 TB to a 350 TB worked got lots of power now. Now for the tranny kickdown. The switch under the gas pedal will have to be electric any idea where you hook the wires too, or should I just go back to the orignal tranny for that truck? Could I get an even trade for my turbo 400.

Kev

Reply to
kev

Nope, not an even trade. The 700's are worth tons more than the 400's. For example, a rebuilt 400 runs 800-900, a rebuilt 700 runs 1300-1500

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"