'93 Jimmy 4x4,4.3,W : Loud High Pitch noise

So, my Jimmy started to make a loud High pitch noise. This noise is really loud, it is hard to pinpoint location, but it seemed to be comming from the passenger side of the engine. I thought it was a bearing going bad in either the AC compressor pulley or the Idle pully, but after replacing both it did not go away. It makes the noise after it has warmed up for about 10 minutes. It seems to fluctuate alittle when you press the accelerator, but it does it at Idle or at 70 MPH. Any Ideas? I've checked previous posts (wish I did that before I spent

50 bucks) if I do the "no belt" thing and it continues then what? Intake, throtle Body?
Reply to
pegreenb

Is it an automatic? Does it "clang" like a person beating on a large piece of steel? when you gun the throttle out of gear does it come and go. If it does, its a Flexplate. Is it a stick? if so, does it do it when the clutch is in or out? Does it do this in neutral in the driveway or only while IN GEAR. In Gear and rolling means maybe a wheel bearing, so does it do it while Coasting? if your coasting and it stops its a transmission, if it continues, sounds like a wheel bearing front or rear on the passenger side.

Its easier to find it if you can do it in the driveway, as running down the road next to it can get really tiring for the wife.

Or does it Squeal like a revolving part held again a grinder might?

Figure out if its a transmission throwout bearing problem or a clutch issue, or if automatic if it has to do with Transmission or maybe the flexplate is cracked and clanging around.

You need to isolate this down fast as if its a wheel bearing, that can be cheap if found early, or extremely rude (expensive and dangerous to others) if found too late or neglected.

Reply to
hh

hh wrote:

Yes

Not Really it is a more steady whine, but not the squeel sound of a belt or powersteering pump.

It goes in any gear, including park, and reverse.

had the wheel berrings, Toression bar, and sway bar replaced/repaired

15K miles ago.

More like that, thats what made me think berring. It stops for a second when you intialily hit the acceceratator, bu when your steady on the gas it starts again.

Reply to
pegreenb