93 S-10 Engine Temp

Hi,

I have a 93 S-10 Blazer that appears to have a bad coolant temperature sending unit. The gauge reads 260 degrees even before starting the engine. I have purchased a thermostat (may as well replace it at the same time) and the coolant temperature sending unit from the local auto supply place. I partially drained the antifreeze last night and took the thermostat and the sending unit located in the water jacket located near the thermostat. I looked at the sending unit that I received from the auto supply place and it has different connectors on it. My question is: Is the sending unit that runs the gauge on the instrument panel located near the thermostat housing or did I remove the wrong sending unit? The auto supply place said that they gave me the correct sending unit, even though the sales slip calls it a Fan Switch.

Thanks,

Reply to
Brian

Mike Levy

Thank you,

What is the sending unit located by the thermostat for?

Reply to
Brian

that one's the engine temp SENSOR for the ECU.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

all of that said, you can buy a 2wd with a limited slip and use it happily for many years. I have done it in my 1975 chevy van, my 2000 xj jeep cherokee, my 1966 ford f250 pickup and others i have owned. just be carefull if the road is icy. john

thermostat. I

Reply to
johnny