Where is engine coolant temp sensor on Jeep Cherokee 2.5TD 1995 ?

On my Jeep cherokee 2.5td sport check engine light is comeing on recently. With simple test (counting flashes of check engine light after ON-OFF-On-OFF-On-OFF sequence) I have find out that problem is "Engine coolant temperature sensor above or below acceptable voltage" WHere is sensor located? Do you know how can I replace him? Thanks all in advance!! Lou

Reply to
lou

I don't know about your exact engine, and chances are good that no one who will reply here does either, but these things are traditionally located in the hottest part of the cooling jacket, that is to say, it is screwed into the top, or somewhere near the top, of the cylinder head. Replacement involves disconnecting the wire to the sensor, unscrewing the old one, spilling some coolant, screwing in the new one, and reconnecting the wire.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Though your 2.5 is different from my 4.0L, mine is located next to the housing where the thermostat is located... where the top radiator hose is connected to the block. Maybe yours is there too.

Jerry

lou wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford