95

I have a 6.5 trubo diesel that runs good but it's losing water but you can't tell were it's going.Is ther a way to check for blowed head gasket or cracked head with out taking the heads off.thanks

Reply to
KINGPIN2

Is the oil getting milky looking? Is there steam coming from the exhaust? Is the coolant getting foamy?

Reply to
Shades

NO NONE OF THESE BUT THE TRUCK HAS A LOT OF LIGHT BLUE SMOKE

Reply to
KINGPIN2

No need to yell...

How much coolant is it losing in what length of time?

Reply to
Shades

THE TRUCK LOST ABOUT A GALLON IN ABOUT 2 HOURS,THE ADD WATER LIGHT COMES OWN. THANKS

Reply to
KINGPIN2

PLEASE STOP YELLING!

Take it to a radiator shop and have them pressure check the system.

Reply to
Shades

THANKS,I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE YELLING

Reply to
KINGPIN2

TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS SIGNIFIES YELLING!

Reply to
Shades

Sorry didn't know that.Thanks

Reply to
KINGPIN2

No prob

Reply to
Shades

Greetings,

A known issue with the pre-'97 6.5L TD's was burned-through head gaskets in the rear-most cylinders. This was caused by inadequate coolant flow and was fixed in 1998 with a higher flow water pump with twin thermostats and a crossover. I don't know just how much water you are losing over time, but you should have your cooling system pressure tested and consider this a highly potential cause.

The post-'98 water pump set-ups can be retrofitted onto earlier year motors so if you are going to have the motor repaired I highly recommend this modification as well.

Good luck - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan