95 Tahoe ABS kicks in constantly

In my 95 Tahoe, w/ 150K miles, my ABS system kicks in almost constantly when braking at slow speeds and occasionally at higher speeds with only moderate braking. It seems to be ever-present when pulling into parking spaces or making other slow/short manuvers.

I've only owned the truck for 1 year, and this problem has appearewd and slowly gotten worse since then. About six months ago I installed new rotors and pads up front.

Any idea how to fix, adjust, or disable? (besides paying a shop)

It may be related to vacuum, as my heater stinks -- I've had to clamp the temp control valve during the summer because any hard accel. or high speed causes vacuum to drop enough to allow the hot h2o valve to open. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks, and there's no obstruction (vacuum level seems fine). I think these two probs are unrelated.

TIA (please excuse the burp when replying)

Reply to
Jaz

jdoe

Your Hub assembly might be bad on driver or passenger front.

Reply to
xeonpro