99 Blazer wont blow heat to floor

When I have the selector set to floor heat, the air comes out at the windshield exhaust as if I had the defroster selected. The 4 dashboard vents do work when they are selected, but I can never get discharge to the floor. Does anyone know where the dashpot is located that directs the air from floor to windshield?

Reply to
Jim

They are designed to blow on the windshield if they loose vacuum. You have a bad hose somewhere, or the selector switch is bad.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

hi Al....is it possible the vaccum is the same for the heater and the

4wd?? I have a 99blazer 4x4..my ex-mechanic left a batch of wires aga> > When I have the selector set to floor heat, the air comes out at the
Reply to
sillykatt

I have no idea where they pull the vacuum for the four wheel drive. In our (Tucson) public library they have vacuum diagrams for almost all American cars. Check yours out. Be sure to check the reference section. You can make copies of the pages you need.

Al

Reply to
Big Al