"99 Z71 transmission

Can the transmission pan be dropped for filter change on a "99 Silverado Z71, 5.3, 4L60E transmission without dropping exhaust pipes from headers ? Shop manual doesn't mention dropping them. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Charles Roberts

Yes it can, you will need to loosen the shift linkage bracket located on the driver side of the transmission. There are 2 Torx (size 15 I believe) bolts that hold this bracket in place. I remove the rearmost bolt and loosen the other one. Then pull down on the pan and the bracket will "give" a little as it gets pushed out of the way by the pan. The Torx bolts in question face up so you won't be able to see them. You'll also need the quarter inch socket Torx bit with quarter inch ratchet to get at these bolts. For reference I can drop the pan in about 10 minutes including removing all 16 or so pan bolts. Remove spam blocker to email me directly if you get stuck.

Joshua

Reply to
Joshua Phillips