After Market AC for 74 4x4

Does anyone know where I could find an after market AC for a '74 4x4 C10? When I rebuilt this truck (used to be my dad's) all of the AC components were unusable due to the length of time the truck just sat in Leesburg, FL (plus...I didn't have the funds either then!) :)

Thanx!

-alan

Reply to
Alan Keen

I would get the original system going. If you still have the brackets the rest is easy. You can find most of the stuff you need in a scrap yard or just buy it at a parts store. If you must have an aftermarket unit, any large city will have AC dealers that can help.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

is the source for aftermarket AC sysytems

they can also help on restoring/modifying an OE sysem

Reply to
I'm Right

In my view you would be better off to buy OEM parts to fix your A/C.

GM makes good A/C stuff....but along with that its going to be expensive.

If you go aftermarket Sanden makes good compressors.

IF the A/C system has been open or parts of it removed all these years you might as well start all over. You can't have rust or a contaminated A/C system. No dirt,rust, trash in the A/c hoses.

The evaporator core will be the biggest pain in the ass to change. If you are missing parts you could find brackets and mounts in a junk yard.

There is a company called vintage air that allot of people buy systems for on their old cars for. You might giive them a call if you don't want to go the OEM route.

Reply to
Elbert

I agree, at most is might need new hoses and a compressor and a new receiver/dryer. They made nice cold A/C?s back then too.

Reply to
SnoMan