anyone like the LM7 engines ?

I got a used LM7 engine outta a 1999-2000 Silverado 5.3 with 20,000k on it (accisdent truck) I was gonna remove the intake and buy a carb intake with aftermarket ignition system for around $699 @ summit racing.. I hear these motors are really decent. Any advice or opinions would be great.

Reply to
Chevrolet

I've got 170,000 on the one in my 2000 silverado and it's the best small block I've ever had. I think I would try to make it work with the current induction if I was you. GM did a very good job on the GEN III engine series

P.S. whiners worry about "piston slap"

Reply to
david norris

5.3 of that era are very prone to piston slap which can be annouying. Also if you are putting engine in a older truck, the bolt partern on bellhousing is not the same as a 350. One more thing I do agree on using stock intake setup is because that helps the engine a lot. The only thing magical about the 4.8, 5.3 and 6.0 engine is that they came with tuned intakes which is something that 350 never had even in Vortec flavor. If you want to build with a carb you are still better of with a SB 350 still a lot better option to use because money is about the only limit as to what you can do with one. Morale is, if you realy want a 5.3, use the stock intake and injection, if you realy want a carb, start with a true small block.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan